Why I Like Twitter
Unless you live under a rock, you’ve heard Twitter mentioned — on the radio, news, in the grocery line. Of all the social networking platforms, Twitter is my weapon of choice, and here’s why:
- It’s easy to update — Thanks to iPhone Apps, Tweetie and Tweet Deck.
- My tweets post to Facebook. So, my family and friends know what I’m doing without me ever having to visit Facebook.
- Networking. Twitter gives you the opportunity to open a dialog with people you never imagined possible.
- Direct Messaging — It’s way better than online chatting or email. It’s brief, to the point and on my own time. Just how I like it.
- Promotion. When I release a new product I can always count on the Twitter community to carry a torch for me.
- No “online” status. I hate broadcasting to the world that I’m online. Sometimes Mostly I want to work online without being interrupted.
- 140 characters — Leaves no room for getting wordy or beating around the bush.
- Seeing what other people are up to. Whether it’s work related, buying groceries or a funny blog post.
- Fights. Little arguing exchanges and passive aggressive remarks via Twitter crack me up, and I can just sit on the sidelines.
- It’s free! That seems pretty obvious, but hey — it’s such a great service I’d be willing to pay for it. Don’t quote me on that though.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter @MukuStudios.